About

Bank of the Lowcountry is a local community bank founded in Walterboro, SC – the “front porch of the Lowcountry.” Our institution was founded by ten prominent Walterboro businessmen in October of 1988, resulting in the first commercially chartered bank organized in Walterboro in over 65 years.

 

Bank of the Lowcountry officially opened its doors for business under its original name, Bank of Walterboro, in 1989 with only nine original employees. To better serve our customers in Charleston County, the Bank opened its second branch in Ravenel, SC in 1997. Our third branch was opened in 2003 to help accommodate customer demand in our own hometown. Originally designed as a drive-up location, our Forest Hills branch was later converted to a full-service branch. That year we also opened a branch in Ridgeland, SC to better serve the residents of Jasper and Beaufort counties. In 2018 a Loan Production office was opened on historic King Street. In January 2020, we relocated our Charleston Loan Production Office to Mount Pleasant where we opened a full service branch in order to serve the Mt. Pleasant and Charleston areas.

 

Bank of Walterboro completed the legal name change in 2019 and officially opened as Bank of the Lowcountry across all markets to represent the widespread communities we have grown to serve, as well as the communities and customers that have been instrumental to the banks success for the past 30 years.

Main Branch: 1100 North Jefferies Blvd., Walterboro, SC 29488
Phone: (843) 549-2265
Fax: (843) 549-5476

Forest Hills Branch: 110 Forest Hills Rd., Walterboro, SC 29488
Phone: (843) 542-9318
Fax: (843) 542-2752

Ravenel Branch: 6225 Savannah Hwy., Ravenel, SC 29470
Phone: (843) 889-6953
Fax: (843) 889-6956

Ridgeland Branch: 8058 E. Main St., Ridgeland, SC 29936
Phone: (843) 726-3168
Fax: (843) 726-6112

Mount Pleasant Branch: 767 Johnnie Dodds Boulevard, Mount Pleasant, SC 29464
Phone: (843) 884-4250

Fax: (843) 884-4251

Login



Enroll now Forgot password or PIN?